Does this quote resonate for you? With whom are you spending your time and how does that affect you? It really is a big deal. Do a quick calculation from your personal to your professional relationships. You are impacted by all of them, moderately or in some cases significantly.
When taking your inventory, are these contacts smart, positive in outlook, achievers, supporters, and also objective? Or, has this been the role you’ve taken on?
If you’re always the smartest person in the room, it’s time to change rooms. If you’re always the cheerleader for other people and their ideas, but find your own actions met with pushback, it’s time to find new associates.
1. What kind of person do you strive to be?
2. Who are the five people you spend the most time with beyond immediate family?
3. Are these five individuals a match for who you want to be?
4. Name the top five people who embody the qualities you desire; dead or alive, famous or note?
5. How can you increase contact with them or learn more about their lives?
The possibilities are endless and the nature of relationships can and should change. Our world is not stagnant and by addition and subtraction, we have the power to evolve. What is crucial when taking your personal assessment is identifying how you can maximize your awareness of what you need to be successful and how you too can be an agent of change for someone else’s growth and development.
#personalexcellence #agentofchange #pushback #personalgrowth #assessment