1. Set Goals Each morning, write out a detailed to-do list of the things you want to accomplish that day.
2. Create a Plan Determine when and how you’ll accomplish each item on your daily list – will you need help, supplies, etc.?
3. Prioritize by Importance It’s inevitable that sometimes you’ll have to cut items off your to-do list, so decide early what the most important items are and prioritize.
4. Prioritize by Urgency You’ll need to get to those projects that have urgent deadlines so leave the ones that are due next week for later.
5. Break Down Large Tasks If your list includes some overwhelming items, break them down into smaller, more manageable tasks.
6. Be Realistic Don’t expect to accomplish everything in an hour. Know your limitations and your abilities.
7. Track Your Time In order to better understand how you really spend your time, take a few days and write down everything you do and how long it takes. Include breaks, email, social media and everything else, so that you’ll find out what your biggest time wasters are.
8. Set Deadlines Need some motivation to complete a project? Set a deadline for yourself and tell others about it so they can help hold you accountable.
9. Keep One Eye on the Clock You don’t want to constantly obsess about time, but you also don’t want to let the day get away from you because you weren’t paying attention. Stay on track.
10. Set Reminders If you have a deadline or meeting coming up, set a reminder on your phone that will go off shortly before.